Thermo Scientific Laboratory Consumables - Microplates for Drug Discovery
Microplates for Drug Discovery
Our line of microplates and microplate accessories is unmatched in quality and breadth. Researchers the world over rely on Thermo Scientific* Nunc* microplates for their high quality and many formats. Whether you're culturing individual cell lines or scaling up for high throughput screening, or anything in between, there's a plate for your needs.
- Optical Bottom Microplates - for imaging applications »
Nunc 96- and 384-well Optical Bottom Plates are ideal for microscopic applications. Black microplates are recommended for fluorescence measurements, with minimum back-scattered light and background fluorescence. White Nunc microplates are recommended for luminescence measurements, with maximum reflection and minimal autoluminescence. Both of our optical bottom plates are available with several treatment options.
Poly- D-Lysine and Collagen coatings are ideal for cells characterized by low adherence or growth. The uniform coating creates a positive charge on the surface that ensures cell attachment, growth and differentiation.
Cell Culture Treated the Nunclon* Delta cell culture treated surface is a hydrophilic surface that promotes cell attachment and growth.
Untreated Polystyrene is hydrophobic and suited for growth of suspension cultures that can proliferate and grow without attachment. These also are ideal if you prefer to coat the plates yourself.
- Polystyrene Plates - for manual or robotic assays »
Nunc 96- and 384-well Polystyrene (PS) Plates are optimized for robotic instruments, plate readers and liquid handling systems. PS is the perfect material for many plate applications, with its optical clarity and versatility with surface treatments. Background, autofluorescence and cross-talk are minimized when you use black or white microplates.
96-well Microplates are used for antibiotic screens, cell-based assays and screening compounds.
384-well Microplates conserve samples and reagents, providing cost savings and greater screening productivity.
Untreated Surfaces are ideal for adding coatings in your lab.
Cell Culture Treated: the Nunclon Delta cell culture surface is a hydrophilic surface that promotes cell attachment and growth.
Hydro Cell and Low Cell Binding Surfaces enable cultivation of adherent cells in suspension. Ideal for working with embryoid bodies and neurospheres.
UpCell Surface is a temperature-responsive surface; enables non-enzymatic harvesting of cells with high viability and intact surface proteins for single-cell analyses or cell sheets.
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Conical-bottom Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Round-bottom Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Flat-bottom Clear Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Flat-bottom Black and White Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Plates with Nunclon Delta Surface | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Deepwell Plates
- Nunc 384-well Polystyrene Black and White Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 384-well Polystyrene Clear Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 384-well Polystyrene Shallow-well Standard Height Black and White Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 384-well Polystyrene Shallow-well Standard Clear Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polystyrene Edge Plate | Well Design
- Polypropylene Plates - for storage applications »
Nunc Polypropylene (PP) Plates are ideal for storage because of the low binding characteristics of polypropylene. Proteins and DNA will not adhere to PP, allowing for complete sample recovery.
Polypropylene withstands temperatures from -80 to +121°C, has excellent chemical resistance properties, and is available in a variety of colors for quick identification of your storage plates. Nunc PP plates feature a raised rim around each well to facilitate effective heat sealing.
96-well Plates feature the Nunc shared wall design which yields increased well volume. They are available with conical bottom for optimal sample recovery or round well bottom for improved mixing within the well.
96-well DeepWell Plates accommodate larger working volumes – up to 1ml or 2ml storage volumes per well.
384-well Plates are ideal for small volume storage applications; available with conical wells for optimal sample recovery or square rounded wells to minimize wicking.
384-well DeepWell Plates: store more material and are ideal for compound library storage.
- Nunc 96-Well Polypropylene MicroWell Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 1.3 and 2.0mL Polypropylene DeepWell Plates with Shared-Wall Technology | Well Design
- Nunc 96-well Polypropylene Filter Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 384-Well Polypropylene Conical Bottom Plates | Well Design
- Nunc 384-ShallowWell Polypropylene Standard Height Plates
- Nunc 384-Well Polypropylene DeepWell Plate | Well Design
- 1536-well Polystyrene Plates - for high throughput screening »
Nunc 1536-well High Base Microplates are ideal for high-throughput screening. They optimize small volumes and allow users to screen four times as many samples in one plate. Two designs are available in our 1536 Well plates. The standard low-profile plate is optimized for stacking efficiency. The high base design features a skirt around the base of the plate, making it suitable for robotic handling.
Black Microplates are recommended for fluorescence measurements with minimal back-scattered light and background fluorescence.
White Microplates are recommended for luminescence measurements with maximum reflection and minimal autoluminescence.
The Nunclon Delta cell culture treated surface is a hydrophilic surface that promotes cell attachment and growth.
- Sealers and adhesive seals for microplates »
Our range of microplate adhesive seals, heat seals and heat sealers provides you reliable options for maintaining the integrity of your plate contents, preventing evaporation and contamination.
- Plate accessories »
Choose from our range of accessories to complement your microplate performance.
Cell Culture Surfaces
Nunc Microplates Reference InfoBottom Geometry
- F - Flat Bottom: For optical imaging, cell culture
- C - Rounded Corners and Flat Bottom: Advantages of flat bottom with efficient washing
- U - Round Bottom: Optimal washing, mixing, examination of pellet
- V - Conical Bottom: Precipitation, centrifugation, small volume recovery
- Clear- Colorimetric Assays, Cell Culture, ELISA
- Black - Fluorescent Assays
- Natural - Storage
- White - Luminescent Assays
- Red - Storage/easy identification
- Blue - Storage/easy identification
- Yellow - Storage/easy identification
- Polystyrene (PS) - Low resistance / Hard, clear
- Polypropylene (PP) - High resistance / Softer, more opaque
- Cyclic Olefin Copolymer (COC) - High resistance / Hard, clear