Thermo Scientific Laboratory Consumables - Packaging Bottles
Technical Data / Related Products /
Custom Products for In Vitro Diagnostics
Proven quality and selection with unparalleled support.
Thermo Scientific* Nalgene* packaging bottles set the standard for superior performance, extensive resin and product selection and comprehensive worldwide support. From diagnostic and media bottles to bulk laboratory grade, packaging grade and certified sterile containers – every packaging bottle solution offers dependable benefits no one else can match.
Our singular commitment to excellence allows us to stand behind every Nalgene bottle and closure with a leakproof guarantee. Only the highest quality resins are used that meet the most stringent standards in pharmaceutical, university research, food and consumer applications. Superior resins ensure low levels of extractables that can contaminate the bottle contents.
We also offer the widest choice in bottle selection in a range of materials, shapes and sizes, including LDPE, HDPE and FLPE bottles. Autoclavable PPCO, PC, FEP and PFA bottles, in addition to PET and PETG offerings that are pre-sterilized, are available. Every bottle is manufactured in the U.S. to the highest standards, ensuring maximum quality and performance.
Bottle Selector Guide
Select the perfect container for your application.
- Chemical Resistance Interpretation of Chemical Resistance »
The General Chemical Resistance Chart and Chemical Resistance Summary Chart that follow are general guides only. Because so many factors can affect the chemical resistance of a given product, you should test under your own conditions. If any doubt exists about specific applications of Nalgene products, please contact our Technical Service.
- Environmental Stress-Cracking »
Environmental stress-cracking is the failure of a plastic material in the presence of certain types of chemicals. This failure is not a result of chemical attack. Simultaneous presence of three factors causes stress-cracking: tensile stress, a stress-cracking agent and inherent susceptability of the plastic to stress-cracking. Common stress-cracking agents are detergents, surface active chemicals, lubricants, oils, ultra-pure water and plating additives, such as brighteners and wetting agents. Relatively small concentrations of stress-cracking agent may be sufficient to cause cracking.
Mixing and/or dilution of certain chemicals may result in reactions which produce heat which can cause product failure. Pretest your specific usage and always follow correct lab safety procedures.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, although several polymers may have excellent resistance to various flammable organic chemicals and solvents, OSHA H CFR 29 1910.106 for flammable and combustible materials, or other local regulations, may restrict the volumes of solvents which may legally be stored in an enclosed area.
CAUTION: Do not store strong oxidizing agents in plastic labware except those made of TEFLON FEP or PFA. Prolonged exposure causes embrittlement and failure. While prolonged storage may not be intended at time of filling, a forgotten container will fail in time and result in leakage of contents. Do not place any plastic labware in a flame. Type HP beakers are the only Nalgene products designed for hot plate use.
- Closure System »
Designed and offered as a system, Nalgene bottles and closures are guaranteed leakproof† and offer superior resealability. Most Nalgene closures have no liner‡ that can wear, crease, cause contamination or separate.
Nalgene closures are made specifically for Nalgene bottles. Use of Nalgene bottles or closures with non-Nalgene components voids the leakproof guarantee. All bottles in this catalog have Nalgene closures available.
† Leakproof defined in the product sections.
‡ Closures with gaskets or liners are noted in the product descriptions.
Your proven strategic partner for development and manufacturing in the IVD industry
- Our commitment to the diagnostic industry »
Known worldwide for superior quality and innovative products, you can depend on Thermo Fisher Scientific to design, develop and manufacture customized solutions tailored to your exacting requirements.
As leaders in leakproof containment systems, diagnostic surfaces and plastic materials, we combine world class manufacturing with industry-leading development practices to deliver innovative system solutions with on-time implementation and delivery.
As your partner, we provide:
- Extensive R&D capabilities
- Global footprint for localized manufacturing
- Product and process validation expertise
- Wide range of development and manufacturing technologies for plastic products
- Supply chain management proficiency
- Quality systems designed to provide support in meeting global regulatory standards
Nalgene diagnostic leakproof bottles and Thermo Scientific Nunc* diagnostic products set the standard for quality and innovation - and by continuing to deliver leading solutions, we have become one of the life science industry's most trusted partner.
Our design and development experience enables you to deliver innovative solutions to your customer.
We are a high value development and production partner for all aspects of plastic custom products.
- Reagent packaging & diagnostic devices »
Optimize your opportunities
- Leakproof container and closure systems
- Validated and certified materials
- ISO 13485 quality system
- World class diagnostic components
- Expert guidance on surface selection
- Tailored for your application
- Exact solutions
- Capabilities »
- Industrial and human factors
- Mechanical engineering
- Design for manufacturability
- Proven IVD product experience
- Project management
- Prototype and pilot scale tools for design verification
- Plastic materials expertise to help drive innovation solutions for molded products
- Global manufacturing locations to optimize your supply chain
- Cleanroom molding capabilities
- Broad plastic processing capabilities
- Automated assembly processes
- Surface modification/treatments
- Quality process tools throughout project development
- PFMEA* and risk assessment processes
- Complete validation documentation support
- Materials compliance to local regulations
- Support documentation for your process analysis
- Diagnostic assay and reagent services that can be combined with our plastic custom consumable development processes