Advantages of Near-Infrared for Food and Beverage Analysis
FT-Near-infrared (FT-NIR) is an ideal technology for routine analysis in the food and feed industry.
Some of the advantages are:
- Accuracy, precision, short time of analysis
- Limited sample preparation
- Replaces typical time consuming, expensive and hazardous primary analysis
- Spectral data in the NIR region can be acquired by diffuse reflection, transflectance or transmission of the light on the sample
- Analyze a wide range of samples such as:
- Coarse solids
- Opaque and Clear Liquids
See the Resources section below for application notes, white papers and webinars on near-infrared in the food and beverage industry.
Pre-Calibrated NIR Solution for Flour, Feed and Ingredient Analysis
Companies in the food and feed industries are under increasing pressure to produce products that meet customer specifications while increasing plant production and profitability. Near-Infrared spectroscopy is a solution that helps companies optimize their production process and guarantee products are meeting specification. The Thermo Scientific* Antaris* Analyzer with INGOT* calibration packages offers a pre-calibrated solution using world leading Fourier Transform Technology (FT-NIR). Traditionally, quality tests have been undertaken by lengthy chemical methods, which are labor intensive, time consuming, and require experienced technicians. Learn more about the benefits of near-infrared for flour, feed and ingredient testing to:
Download our flyer on Pre-Calibrated Near-Infrared Solution for Flour and Milling Analysis or for Animal Feed and Ingredient Analysis below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Guide to Raw Material Analysis using FT-NIR spectroscopy
- The Advantages of FT-NIR (over dispersive NIR)
- Analysis of Beer Components Using FT-NIR Spectroscopy
- Classification of Herbs by FT-NIR Spectroscopy Using the Thermo Scientific Antaris II Analyzer
- Determination of Moisture Content in Freeze Dried Materials by FT-NIR
- FT-NIR Analysis of Wine
- Incoming Analysis of Sugars and Polysaccharides
- Multi-component Analysis of Fructose Syrup using the Antaris FT-NIR Analyzer
- Quality Control of Potato Crisps Flavoring using NIR spectroscopy
- Quantification of Vitamin C using FT-NIR Spectroscopy
- Quantitative Analysis of Wheat Flour using FT-NIR
- Rapid In-Process Analysis of Fat and Dry Matter in Cheese
- The Advantage of Resolution in the FT-NIR Quantification of Fatty Acid Components in a Quaternary Mixture
- Validated Transfer of a Working Food Method from a Dispersive Instrument to the Antaris FT-NIR Analyzer
- Pre-Calibrated Near-Infrared Solution for Flour and Milling Analysis
- Pre-Calibrated Near-Infrared Solution for Animal Feed and Ingredient Analysis
- Advantages of NIR Analysis for Dried Dairy Products
- Lean Manufacturing for Food and Feed Industries
Still have questions?
Ask our expert! Click here to fill out a form that is sent to our expert near-infrared applications specialists.