This measurement and control system also provides data to improve product quality, process efficiency and raw material savings.
The 21Plus! Systems consist of scanner, sensor and control system (if applicable ) tailored to each application.
System components for various applications:
- Biax Film Extrusion (Mark III scanner, CLS Beta or FSIR (full spectrum infrared) sensor, and Mass Balance with Cascaded Line Speed and AutoDie Control)
- Blown Film Extrusion (Mark III scanner, FSIR sensor, and multilayer Mapping and Distributed Air Ring or AutoDie control)
- Cast Film Extrusion (Mark III scanner, CLS or PMS Beta sensor, and LineSpeed with Target Management and AutoDie control)
- Extrusion Coating (Mark III scanner, CLS Beta sensor, LineSpeed wiht Target Management and Multiple AutoDie control)
Operator Interface - Operator stations are PC-based and communicate with other system modules across an Ethernet LAN.
A variety of configurations are available:
- Communication Capabilities - The 21Plus! provides powerful communication capabilities with industry-accepted OPC standards, allowing the sharing of product and process data with popular software packages for data acquisition, database building and quality analysis.
New Multilayer Blown Film Application: Combining the industry-proven web gauging capabilities of the Thermo Scientific 21Plus! Control platform and the Thermo Scientific FSIR (Full Spectrum Infrared) sensor, this solution is ideal for flexible packaging manufacturers producing barrier layer films used to extend shelf life of meat and cheese products or protect medical instruments from contaminants.
Recommended for: Biax, blown and cast film extrusion,extrusion coating; meat and cheese products, medical instruments