Systems have demonstrated high immunity to electromagnetic interference and noise and employ modern, proven electronics for high reliability and low maintenance. Designed for dependable operation and maintenance. Modularity allows easy installation, quick troubleshooting and repair.
- Class 1E safety-related systems designed to a 40-year qualified life
- Seismically and environmentally qualified
- Manufactured to 10CFR50 Appendix B Quality Assurance Program
Source Range/Intermediate Range Channel
- Wide-range detector assembly (with integral cable)
- Junction box
- In-containment cable assembly (from junction box to inside penetration)
- Amplifier cable assembly (from outside penetration to amplifier)
- Amplifier assembly
- Combined (or separate) source and intermediate range rack mount signal processor(s)
- Shutdown margin monitor
Power Range Detector Assembly
- Houses two guarded fission chambers (or uncompensated ion chambers)
- Stainless-steel housing protects chambers from harsh environment conditions
Power Range Amplifier Assembly (Optional)
- Houses power supplies and electronics that condition detector signal for transmission to signal processor
- Direct current supplies (included) for amplifier electronics and high-voltage supply minimize interconnecting wireseliminate hazard, voltage drop, or noise pickup associated with long power supply cables
Power Range Monitor
- In the NIS cabinet
- Supplied in 19 in. rack-mount enclosures with all required displays and outputs
Compliance: Meets U.S. NRC Regulatory Guide 1.97 Post Accident Monitoring and 10CFR50 Appendix R Remote Shutdown Monitoring Requirements. Seismically and environmentally qualified.
Since 1981, we have upgraded the majority of neutron flux monitoring systems in U.S. pressurized water reactors and in more than 130 reactors in 11 countries. Our systems are also being provided to new plants under construction.