- With conical bottoms for superior separation and pelleting
- Feature silk-screened graduations from 5 to 35mL in 1mL increments
- Polycarbonate tubes offer high strength, white graduations and are transparent (repeated autoclaving will shorten the life of PC tubes)
- Can withstand forces to 50,000xG in refrigerated or non-refrigerated centrifuges requires adapter, DS3147-0050 (Tubes must be filled to at least 80% capacity for proper performance)
- Supplied with polypropylene linerless closures for leak-proof performance up to 10,000 x g
Ordering Alerts: To assure leakproof service, especially at speeds greater than 10,000xG or when spinning hazardous materials, use Nalgene sealing cap assemblies DS3131-0020 or -0024.
Includes: Supplied with linerless, polypropylene screw closure which will not leak during ordinary use.
Required Accessories: Both tubes require white polycarbonate tube adapter (see DS3147 0050 below) to centrifuge.
The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.