Thermo Scientific Sera-Mag Oligo(dT)-coated Magnetic Particles easily isolate and extract valuable mRNA from a variety of sources, enabling performance in such applications as RT-PCR, cDNA library construction, cDNA microarrays, affinity purification, primer extension, and subtractive hybridization.
- Covalently bound oligo(dT)14 prevents leaching from the particle surface
- Very high, specific poly A+ binding capacity ensures maximum extraction of mRNA
- Proprietary surface characteristics provide low non-specific binding and more precise isolation accuracy
- Stability in buffer systems (pH 4 to 11) optimizes performance in most applications
- Excellent colloidal stability significantly slows settling in the absence of a magnetic field
- Encapsulation means no exposed iron and no interference with downstream enzymatic applications
- Tight size distribution ensures even particle separation and excellent lot-to-lot reproducibility
Thermo Scientific Sera-Mag Oligo(dT)-coated Magnetic Particles are nominal 1µm super-paramagnetic particles of uniform size that provide high surface oligo(dT) concentration with the highest poly A+ binding capacity available to enhance productivity. In fact, 1mL of Sera-Mag particles can bind up to 12µg of mRNA from cells or tissue (depending upon expression levels). Colloidally stable in the absence of a magnetic field, these particles separate rapidly and completely from suspension when a magnetic field is applied. Binding of polyadenylated RNA (poly-A+ RNA) to the covalently bound oligo(dT) groups on the surface is easily accomplished using standard hybridization conditions. Additionally, oligo(dT) particles can be used as a universal base particle to attach your unique oligo sequence.
Storage Conditions: Unless otherwise stated, refrigerate (2-8°C) product when not in use but do not freeze. Store upright and keep bottle tightly sealed. Mix product with gentle inversion by hand, roller or vortex mixer.Store at 2° to 8°C.
Includes: Certificate of Analysis and Package Insert