The unique pH stability allows the use of eluents that are conducive to anodic oxidation of amino acids at gold electrodes. This column is recommended for use with the AAA-Direct* Amino Acid Analyzer, allowing direct detection of primary and secondary amino acids by IPAD, with no need for pre- or postcolumn derivatization.
- Derivatization not required
- Carbohydrates and amino acids separated and detected simultaneously
- Mid-femtomole to low-picomole detection limits
- Compatible with all commonly used hydrolysis procedures
- Can be configured for on-line analysis
Recommended for: The AminoPac PA10 column is optimized for separations of free amino acids by AAA-Direct. Vitamins, amino sugars, and carbohydrates can be detected simultaneously with amino acids. Additional capabilities include separation of a wide range of sugars, phosphorylated amino acids, and common oxidation products of sulfur-containing amino acids, such as cysteic acid, methionine sulfone, and methionine sulfoxide.