A document management system is used to create, edit, manage, and publish content in a consistently organized fashion. Document management solutions are frequently used for storing, controlling, versioning, and publishing company specific documentation such as regulatory submission documents, research, data, operators' manuals and technical manuals.
- Lifecycle processes simplify document creation and allow you to manage the document from inception to obsolescence. Lifecycle Template Wizard provides an easy point and click method of lifecycle design.
- Workflow Designer features drag and drop workflow creation to streamline processes such as review and approval.
- Document Versioning automates tracking document changes. It provides major and minor versioning, version history and previous version restoral.
- Document Audit provides a detailed log of information that is saved for every activity performed in the system. Auditing is available at all levels and provides full document, system or user history.
- Check In/Check Out protects document from being overwritten.
- Intelligent Document Numbering applies a unique number to the document. The number is defined in a template and associated to the category of documents that it defines. Intelligent Document Numbers can contain metadata values, dates and/or predefined static values.
- Real time Adobe PDF Conversion converts documents to Adobe PDF with just two clicks.
- Electronic/Digital Signatures are applied directly onto the document, are as unique as fingerprints, ensure authenticity, save time, protect documents, and satisfy regulatory requirements. NextDocs offers direct document signing as well as signature workflow processing. Workflows allow a group of users to review and sign documents quickly and efficiently.
- Metadata Tagging tags documents within a folder or within a folder structure. The user determines the metadata and assigns a value. Tagging metadata will drive document and/or lifecycle decisions automatically.
- Watermark & Overlay add layers to your document through the lifecycle template. They can be used to classify or provide security.
- PDF Permissions provide security to Adobe PDF documents by allowing the assignment of passwords for document access or for document printing. It also provides the option to apply an “Uncontrolled Document” watermark to printed documents.
Compatible with: Darwin LIMS*, Nautilus LIMS*, Galileo LIMS*, SampleManager LIMS*, Watson LIMS*
Recommended for: Life Sciences, Drug Discovery, Forensics, Contract Research, Process Industries