Thermo Scientific 3000 Series Nanosphere Size Standards are highly uniform polystyrene spheres calibrated within billionths of a meter (nanometers) with NIST traceable methodology. One nanometer is 0.001 micrometer (µm) or 10 Angstroms.
- Available as uniform polymer spheres in a range of discrete sizes from 20 to 900 nanometers (nm)
- Spherical diameters calibrated with linear dimensions transferred from NIST by methods developed at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Standards packaged as aqueous suspensions in 15mL dropper-tipped bottles
- Concentrations optimized for ease of dispersion and colloidal stability
- Spheres have a density of 1.05 g/cm3 and an index of refraction of 1.59 @ 589nm (25°C)
- Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale
Includes: Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet, with handling and disposal instructions.
Certifications: NIST traceable
Thermo Fisher Scientific has its own engineering, production and metrology facilities for better quality control and response to customer needs. In addition to this line of polymer size standards, we also offer calibration standards in silica and glass materials. Ask our technical service department for information about specific applications or other product needs not listed here.