Thermo Scientific Sera-Mag* SpeedBeads NeutrAvidin-coated, nominal 1µm magnetic particles combine fast reaction kinetics and low, non-specific binding for increased throughput and precision in immunoassay and molecular biology applications. These include sample preparation and assay development in genomics and proteomics applications.
- Fast reaction kinetics increases throughput
- Low non-specific binding for greater precision and accuracy
- Low dissociation constant (Kd 10-15 Molar) to tightly bind ligands
- Covalently bound to prevent leaching from the surface
- Even coating of neutravidin protein for reliable results
- Stability in biological buffer systems optimizes reagent development
- No carbohydrates reduces non-specific binding caused by sugars
- Neutral pI ensures coating reproducibility
Sera-Mag Magnetic SpeedBeads Neutravidin-coated Particles exhibit a high affinity when binding to biotinylated ligands such as proteins, nucleic acids and peptides. These particles respond much faster to a magnetic field to shorten assay times and improve precision in clinical diagnostic tests. They also move faster through viscous solutions. Neutravidin-coated SpeedBeads are available with a 3500-4500pmol/mg biotin-binding range.
Recommended for: Clinical chemistry, molecular biology, clinical diagnotics, proteomics, nucleic acid isolation, and genomics
Thermo Scientific Particle Technology Catalog and Technical Supplement