When coupled to a Thermo Scientific Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer (IRMS), this powerful but economical analyzer allows bulk stable isotope analyses of N, C, S, H and O of organic and inorganic materials as well as water and other liquids.
Today, there are more than 1000 Elemental Analyzers (EA) in use on our Isotope Ratio MS. One out of two Isotope Ratio MS sold is equipped with an EA. There is an increasing requirement for multielement isotope analysis, including applications such as quality control and adulteration of food and drugs, environmental analysis, and forensics.
The FLASH 2000 HT includes two completely separated circuits which enable the formation and separation of both N2 and CO2 (in Combustion mode) or H2 and CO (in High Temperature Conversion mode). The stable isotope composition of these gases can be analyzed when the FLASH 2000 HT is connected to a Thermo Scientific Isotope Ratio MS. Sulfur analysis is also possible, either in simultaneous NCS analysis or in a dedicated S mode.
The integrated TCD (thermal conductivity detector) and dedicated Eager 300 software allow operation of the FLASH 2000 HT as a stand alone instrument to determine elemental weight percentages of N, C, H, O, and S. During isotope analysis, the determination of elemental weight percents is done with our Isotope Ratio MS software, ISODAT.
- Comes standard with a Thermo Scientific MAS 200R carousel autosampler for solids and can optionally be equipped with either an AS3000 or GC PAL autosampler (CTC) for liquids
- Dynamic Flash Combustion
- Quantitative Dumas combustion of C&N and S
- High Temperature Conversion
- Quantitative reduction of O and H to CO and H2
- Multiple Isotope Analysis
- 15N/14N and 13C/12C or D/H and 18O/16O, or 34S/32S
- Analysis of Solid and Liquid Samples
- Organic and Inorganic Materials
- Water and other Liquids
Includes: Includes consumables for 1000 analyses of each C&N and H&O. A sulfur kit is also available.