The Glass Size Standards are highly uniform Borosilicate or Soda Lime glass spheres calibrated with NIST traceable methodology. Glass size standards are ideal for the calibration of microscopes, light scattering instruments and other particle measuring equipment. They are also used in laser light scattering studies and colloidal systems research.
- The mean diameters of these products have been calibrated with Thermo Fisher Scientific's NIST traceable microscopy methods
- Their size distribution and uniformity are measured by optical microscopy
- Spheres are used instead of irregularly shaped particles to minimize the response of analytical systems to shape effects
- Products are packaged as dry spheres.
- Packages are lot-numbered for convenient technical service and support after the sale
- 9000 Series products from 2µm to 20µm are made from Borosilicate Glass, have a particle density of 2.5 to 2.55g/cm3, and an index of refraction of 1.56 at 589nm (25°C)
- Products from 30µm to 2000µm are made from Soda Lime Glass, have a particle density of 2.4 to 2.5g/cm3, and an index of refraction of 1.51 at 589nm (25°C)
Includes: Certificate of Calibration and Traceability to NIST, including description of the calibration method and its uncertainty, table of chemical and physical properties, and Material Safety Data Sheet, with handling and disposal instructions.
Certifications: NIST traceable
Recommended for: Spacer applications where uniform bond thickness is a necessity.
Thermo Fisher Scientific has its own engineering, production and metrology facilities for better quality control and response to customer needs. In addition to this line of polymer size standards, we also offer calibration standards in silica and glass materials. Ask our technical service department for information about specific applications or other product needs not listed here.