Uses chlorine-36 and americium-241 sources to deliver beta and gamma radiation for a predetermined time and with excellent repeatability for an individual EPD.
- Easy-to-operate,compact benchtop unit requires no special shielded facility
- Compatible with both EPD Mk1 and MK2
- Allows large numbers of dosemeters to be processed quickly, easily and with no radiation risk to the operator
- When the IRR-1 is used in conjunction with the Thermo Scientific EPD Maintenance Database software, records can be maintained for the calibration of individual EPDs
- 15 to 25°C (59 to 77°F) 95% confidence level
- Am-241 60 keV g: Statistical accuracy better than +2% (irradiation time 2 min.); systematic positional error of better than 2%
- CI-36 714 keV β (Emax): Statistical and positional accuracy better than +10% (irradiation time)
Electrical and Safety
- Supply Voltage: 100V +10%, 47 to 63Hz 120V +10%, 47 to 63Hz; 220V +10%, 47 to 63Hz 240V +10%, 47 to 63Hz
- Power Supply Interruption: Unit will operate normally with a supply interruption of <50ms
- Fuses: 2 x 250 mA T (time lag), 20 x 5mm (0.8 x 0.2 in.) dia. at 220/240V; 2 x 500 mA T (time lag), 20 x 5mm (0.8 x 0.2 in.) dia. at 100/120V
- Power Connector: IEC320, (local IEC320 mains cord required outside UK)
- Safety and EMC Specification: Equipment for indoor use only; IEC 1010-1 Class 1, Installation Category 2, pollution degree 2; BS EN50081-1:1992; BS EN50082-1:1992
Includes: Supplied with a calibration certificate stating the readings obtained with EPDs calibrated with traceability to national standards, and with a reference EPD which is supplied with the irradiator.