Mechanical convection provides uniform heating, precise temperature control and fast drying. A blower circulates heated air in a horizontal airflow pattern for efficient heat distribution with tight temperature tolerances of up to ±0.5°C. Gravity convection offers gentle drying with heat-generated convection to move the air vertically through the chamber to heat samples.
Advanced Microprocessor PID Controls
- Sophisticated microprocessor PID controls with easy-to-view digital LED readout
- Temperature is displayed on large, three-character screen; can be easily set from 5°C above ambient to up to 75°C (depending on model) in 0.1°C increments using touch-sensitive arrow keys
- Fixed setpoints on control panel eliminate need for tuning
- Offset feature enables easy calibration
- Built-in safety backup maintains control at 3° above setpoint if primary heater control fails
- Visual alarm indicates when temperature exceeds 3°C setpoint
- Inner glass door permits viewing of samples without disturbing chamber environment
- Silicone gasket on outer door and 7.6cm (3 in.)-thick fiberglass insulation prevents heat loss, ensures excellent temperature uniformity
- Circuit breaker protects against power surges
- Durable, enamel-coated steel exterior
- Interior chamber is easy-to-clean stainless steel
- Low-watt density heater elements are designed for long life
- Internal electrical outlet allows operation of a shaker, stirrer or other lab apparatus (849.6L unit has two outlets)
- Large capacity units (317L) with double-door design
Warranty and Service Offering: One year, parts and labor
Certifications: UL/cUL listed, except for large capacity units.
Large-capacity (30 cu. ft.) models feature hydraulic thermostat temperature control and thermometer display.