Thermo Scientific Clinical LIMS is developed on a proven Thermo Scientific informatics platform which offers flexibility, configurability and ease-of-use for the end user, as well as increased automation and throughput of sample analysis for clinical laboratories that require sophisticated sample management, research tools and business enterprise integration. Built to support the laboratory’s end-to-end clinical business process, Thermo Scientific Clinical LIMS is designed to enable bi-directional communication between physicians and the lab via a dedicated Lab Web Portal, and is also designed to be fully compliant with key industry regulationss related to protecting patient privacy (HIPAA) and those governing clinical testing (CLIA).
Key Features and Benefits
- The Physicians' Interface provides a secure web-based interface for submission of test requests to the lab, tracking sample progress and access to published patient reports.
- Patient Management Functionality facilitates comprehensive patient clinical record tracking including insurance information, consent information, family and medical history, clinical notes and testing results history.
- Billing and CRM is enabled via integration with existing business systems that manage accounting and customer information.
- Clinical Vocabularies and Health Level 7 (HL7) Messaging supports CLIA mandated exchange of laboratory information between clinical laboratories and external partners.
- Complete Data Security and Audit Trail capabilities address the needs of both the laboratory data and PHI.
- The Configurable Hierarchy manages data collected during the sample testing process and is integrated with chain-of-custody, location management, aliquot/derivative and pooled sample tracking.
- Workflow Management is designed to emulate laboratory processes via an intuitive graphical interface.
- Biospecimen and Plate Management includes graphical workflows and plate editors, as well as built-in integration functionality that facilitates increased throughput and automation.
- Instrument Integration and Automation includes robotics, next-generation sequencing, analyzers, etc., facilitates standardization of processes and simplifies operations across the clinical network.
- Enterprise Business Integration facilitates enterprise-level information exchange by integrating the LIS with other systems like EMH, CRM, ERP, billing via HL7 messaging, web services and application interfaces.
Delivering Lab-Centric Solutions for Patient-Centric Results
With the advances related to understanding the unique genetic makeup of disease, enabling physicians to diagnose and treat patients based on their individual genetic markers, clinical testing labs are likewise discovering that there needs to be a convergence of functionality between a traditional LIS (Laboratory Information System) that manages secure patient information and a LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) that facilitates the comprehensive management of laboratory information, sample tracking, dynamic workflows and instrument integration. Unifying the distinct functionality required of physicians in hospital settings, as well as researchers in clinical labs, Thermo Scientific Clinical LIMS delivers a lab centric solution for patient centric results.
Compatible with: Nautilus LIMS*, Integration Manager