The multi-purpose, wall-mounted friskers are used with the DP11 gas flow probe or our scintillation probes. Extremely easy to use, features include proven microprocessor control, a graphics display, digital setup/calibration facilities and a durable housing.
- Random recognition algorithm eliminates nuisance alarms by distinguishing radon alarms from others
- Results displayed in count rate, total activity, or specific activity
- Peak and instantaneous readings are both displayed
- Peak reading, displayed during measurement, makes it easier to pinpoint the maximum activity
- Dwell on peak response assists in detecting small spots of contamination
- Gas flow and scintillation detectors both use a standard coaxial cable
- Signal processing for smoother displays of changing count rate with better detection of contamination
- Internal power source gives at least 2.5 hours operation without main power
- Graphics screen display far superior to mechanical and alphanumeric displays
- Operating point can be set by cursor from graphic display of plateau
- Built-in routines; high voltage scan, plateau plot S plus B and S2/B values for probe characterization
- Gas flow rate and pressure monitored by electronic means
- Passive infrared proximity sensor (optional) allows hands to be monitored before touching the probe
- Dual control monitor operates with a large range of sensitive probes
- Removal of probe from hanger (or triggering optional proximity sensor) activates measurement cycle with back ground subtracted; replacement of probe causes resumption of background measurements
- Audible indications consist of distinct tones for particle detected, alarm, and fault condition
- A continuous self-test program prevents monitoring of invalid or fault conditions
- The probe can be tested for contamination after each measurement
- Selectable count-averaging times and confidence levels on the alarms
- Data recording possibilities, peak readings for each measurement, setup parameters, and HV scan results (using the serial port and an external printer)
Ordering Alerts: Variants can be supplied: e.g., mounted on a sack truck, or with large area detectors, or with multiple detectors. Details on request.
Recommended for: The CM11 is effective as an add-on device to Personnel Monitors to increase monitoring throughput rates. This contamination monitor also works well as a monitoring station during temporary work such as plant maintenance. The CM11 is ideal where space is restricted. It is easy to install and to set up, and equally easy to assign to the next application. The CM11 is ideal as a backup boundary monitor, to confirm Personnel Monitor alarms, to pinpoint the position of contamination and amount per 100cm2, to differentiate radon nuisance alarms from others, and for use in an emergency or when AC supplies are down. Monitoring applications are primarily within power and fuel handling sites as well as defense establishments, government laboratories, and hot labs in hospitals and industry.