The Thermo Scientific PT Module offers consistent antigen retrieval for high quality immunohistochemistry. Using gentle heat the PT Module antigen retrieval device quickly produces outstanding results while maintaining the integrity of delicate tissue. In addition most users can streamline testing practices by consolidating various antigen retrieval methods into only 1 or 2 PT Module antigen retrieval device procedures which can be run simultaneously. Precise temperature control without the damaging effects of temperature variations, microwaves, or pressure delivers a level of consistency unmatched by any other instrument available.
- Easy to use, one-touch operation via built-in touchscreen
- Operator defined, preprogrammed time and temperature settings
- Dual reaction baths, each with 24-slide capacity, enable simultaneous operation of two independent procedures
- Proprietary epitope recovery solutions provide for safe, nontoxic, solvent-free, environmentally improved dewaxing
- Provides for rapid, gentle heating, eliminating microwave and pressure cooker variability and maintains excellent tissue/cellular morphology
- Efficient, time-saving transfer of fully compatible slide racks directly to any Autostainer after treatment avoids slide manipulation
- Fully programmable for overnight operation or delayed start early morning pre-heating
- Can be connected to a remote computer to monitor and log antigen retrieval reports for regulatory compliance.
For more information on the PT Module antigen retrieval device and standardization of antigen retrieval see the publication below.
David S Gray et al. Simultaneous de-waxing and standardisation of antigen retrieval in immunohistochemistry using commercially available equipment. Immunocytochemistry 2006; 4 93-97.