Inform works by reading data from Envision in the GAML XML structure and applying a report method to the data to produce a report in either screen preview form, printed form, or HTML display. Inform is both an interactive reporting system (using the Inform Designer) as well as a non-interactive report generation system integrated within Envision. Using the Inform Designer, report methods can be designed interactively, stored on file servers and used by multiple users in non-interactive mode.
- Highly customizable report objects such as tables, graphs, text blocks, picture blocks allow data and results to be presented in a wide variety of formats and designs
- Report sections and page templatesprovide ability to organize data in different ways in the same report while maintaining a consistent page design and appearance
- Visually established data rules using English-like syntax to easily filter, group and sort the data in a variety of waysdata rules can be applied to tables, multi plots, and even entire report sections to provide sophisticated report design capabilities
- Use the power of report script to customizes reports
- Report script opens up the world of dynamic report design in which report methods are smart and are able to adjust their appearance and calculations based on the specific data being reported
- Design a single report with different types of analytical data, even from multiple vendors
- Capitalizes on the power of the GAML data structure to support a wide variety of analytical data all in one reporting system
- Utilize specialized data items in addition to the GAML data items, which provides the ability to prompt the report user for run-time data entry, and the ability to easily make custom calculations
About Blaise Inform
Blaise Inform is a software product designed and written by Blaise Software Services Inc. Inform has been licensed and is supported by Thermo Fisher Scientific for its Envision data system. Blaise has sole and complete responsibility for the performance and operation of Inform, as well as the clarity and completion of Inform documentation. Thermo Fisher Scientific has no responsibility with respect to the development or maintenance of Inform.