The use of microparticles as a solid phase support in various immunoassays and affinity purifications has been known for some time; however, achieving high activity and stable binding of solid phase ligands has been a major difficulty. Biotinylated compounds become stably bound to Power-Bind Streptavidin Coated particles after simple incubation in buffer due to the high affinity of the biotin-streptavidin interaction. The particles also function as a spacer, which improves the specific activity of the bound ligand.
- Monodisperse non-magnetic particle suspensions with streptavidin covalently bound to the surface in a highly active form
- Made from 0.3µM or 0.8µM OptiLink* Carboxylate-Modified particles
- High biotin-binding capacity
- Extremely stable, long shelf life
- Simplifies the process of binding ligands to particles
- Combines the advantages of high surface area and easy, high affinity, high specific activity binding
- Excellent for chemiluminescent assays, biotinylated ligand capture, and for molecular biology, immunoassay, or sample prep applications
Power-Bind Benefits Include:
- Dissociation constant (Kd 10-15 molar), easy one-step binding protocols for biotinylated ligands
- High activity of surface bound ligands can easily solve difficult coupling problems
- Simple aqueous biotinylation reactions
- Low nonspecific interactions (blocked microparticle surface)
- Highly mobile particles for membrane-based applications
- Can be used in EIA formats with biotin/enzyme detection systems
- Beneficial spacer effect of SA molecule
- A choice of 0.3 µM or 0.8 µM diameters for different application requirements
Storage Conditions: Store at 2° to 8°C.
Recommended for: Universal non-magnetic bead for coupling unique ligands. Clinical diagnostics and molecular biology applications.