- Filters marked with catalog number, membrane type and pore size, lot number and expiration date for easy traceability
- Gamma radiation sterilized and individually bagged for a 5-year sterile shelf life
- Molded-in graduations for easy visualization of sample size
- Side-arm with quick-disconnect tubing adapter for easy change between filters
- Use with Nalgene storage bottles with catalog numbers starting with 455- or glass bottles rated for vacuum
- Non-cytotoxic and non-pyrogenic
Polyethersulfone (PES) membranes
- PES is the best membrane for cell culture fluids; lowest protein binding to maintain protein balance, lowest extractables to maintain media purity
- Asymmetric PES membrane plus unique Rapid-Flow support plate design provide fast flow and high throughput of fluids for increased filtration efficiency
- Use 0.2 µm membranes for sterile filtration, 0.45 µm membranes for fluid clarification and particle removal
Includes: Polystyrene graduated chamber; Blue color-coded collar with cellulosic vent plug side arm and quick-disconnect tubing adapter; 50, 75, or 90 mm diameter membranes; bottom screw threads for attachment to bottles with 33 or 45 mm neck sizes.
The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.