This 4.2 cu. ft. freezing unit requires only 8.6 sq. ft. of floor space and allows freezing of 99 single plasma units in 75 minutes.
- Features direct settings indicating temperature controller and digital display for maintaining desired operation
- Heavy-gauge stainless-steel interior
- Powder-coated exterior provides a uniform surface, resists chipping and rust
- Complete with 11 stainless-steel wire baskets and removable rollout drawers; baskets remove from drawers for loading
- 5 in. (12.7cm) CFC-free, foamed-in-place urethane insulation surrounds cabinet
- Door has 4.5 in. (11.43cm) of insulation
- For loading and unloading convenience, bottom shelf is 24 in. (60.96cm) from building floor, while top shelf is 58 in. (1.47cm) from building floor
- Factory-installed casters and leveling feet are standard
- With 5hp air-cooled or water-cooled compressor
- Distance between cabinet and compressor can be extended based on refrigeration line sizing and compressor location
- Copper-finned, copper-tubed evaporator maximizes cooling efficiency
- Triple-point silicone gasket ensures tight door seal
- Single draw door latch with handle allows easy access to chamber; key lock is standard
- Stainless-steel sloped drain pan located in bottom of freezer chamber, with drain connection at cabinet rear
- Externally mounted, 1/2hp motor provides maximum and efficient airflow throughout cabinet
- Defrost cycle can be initiated to shut down the compressor and keep cabinet frost-free
Ordering Alerts: Not available outside North America. Sale of the Thermo Scientific Blast Freezer that requires installation is performed or supervised by a qualified Thermo Scientific technician.
Required Accessories: Installation by a qualified Thermo Scientific technician.
Compliance: Meet ASTM* Standard B117-85 for salt-spray testing that exceeds 1000 hr.
Recommended for: Blood banking
Periodic defrosting of the cabinet is necessary for proper operation of the unit. When freezing is completed and the product removed, a defrost cycle can be manually initiated to shut down the compressor and keep the cabinet frost free. When defrosting is completed, the user turns off the cabinet.
When compressor is located outside the facility, subjected to the elements and cold climate, an optional winterizing package and weather-proof enclosure are recommended.