The enzyme catalyzes 5'=>3' synthesis of DNA, has no detectable 3'=>5' exonuclease activity and possesses low 5'=>3' exonuclease activity. In addition, Taqs DNA Polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which frequently results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3'-end of PCR products. Recombinant Taqs DNA Polymerase is ideal for standard PCR of templates 5kb or shorter.
- Thermostablehalf life is more than 40 min. at 95°C
- Generates PCR products with 3'-dA overhangs
- Supplied with two buffer10X Taq Buffer with KCl and 10X Taq Buffer with (NH4)2SOH4
- The latter allows for PCR at wide range of magnesium concentrations and decreases unspecific priming
- Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., biotin-, digoxigenin-, fluorescently-labeled nucleotides)
Recommended for: Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5kb (1); Generation of PCR product for TA cloning; DNA labeling (24); DNA sequencing (5)
- The error rate of Taq DNA Polymerase in PCR is 2.2 x 10c errors per nt per cycle, as determined by a modified method described in (7). Accordingly, the accuracy of PCR is 4.5 x 104. Accuracy is an inverse of the error rate and shows an average number of correct nucleotides incorporated before an error occurs.
- The 10X Taq Buffer without Detergent is recommended for microarray experiments.
In certain countries use of this product is covered by patents. Purchase of product in these countries includes non-transferable, limited license for using only this amount of product for the purchaserÆs own internal research.
Innis, M.A., et al., PCR Protocols and Applications: A Laboratory Manual, Academic, New York, 1989., Celeda, D., et al., PCR amplification and simultaneous digoxigenin incorporation of long DNA probes for fluorescence in situ hybridization, BioTek