Complete package for periodic calibration checking operates under the control of a PC running the Auto Irradiator software supplied with the instrument. It is intended to operate in conjuction with the Thermo Scientific EPD Maintenance Database System (EMDS2).
- Compact, benchtop unit requires no special shielded facility
- Offers multiple verification pathways, such as (1) comparison with reference EPD; (2) comparison with previous measurements with the same EPDs; and (3) checking against dose and EPD counters
- Accepts 10 EPDs in one load (Mk1 or MK2, but not both)
- Operates automatically under software control
- With comprehensive safety features
- Am-241: 60 keV Statistical accuracy better than ±2% (2 min irradiation time) (15 to 25°C (59 to 77°F), 95% confidence level)
- Cl-36: 714 keV b (Emax) Statistical and positional accuracy better than +10% (2 min irradiation time)
Electrical and Safety
- Supply Voltage: 110V +10% 47 to 63Hz; 240V +10% 47 to 63Hz
- Power Supply Interruption: Unit will operate normally with a supply interruption of less than 50ms. Interruption of more than 5 seconds causes irradiation cycle in progress to be terminated.
- Fuses: 2A T, 20 x 5mm (1 x 2 in.) dia. at 240V; 3A T, 20 x 5mm (1 x 2 in.) dia. at 110V
- Power Connector: IEC 320 (local IEC320 mains power cord required outside UK)
- Safety and EMC Specification: Equipment for indoor use only. Complies with BS EN 61010-1 1993. Installation/over-voltage Category II, Pollution degree 1.
Computer Hardware Requirements
- Hardware Requirements: IBM compatible Pentium PC; 166MHz 32MB RAM; 60MB hard disk drive; CD-ROM drive; vacant I/O card slot; mouse, or other pointing device; keyboard; two serial ports
- Operating System: Microsoft* Windows* or NT
- IRR-2 Interface: PCL 725 I/O card, or equivalent. (Supplied with IRR-2.)
Required Accessories: The IRR-2 requires a PC-compatible computer, which is not supplied as part of the IRR-2. Note: A suitable PC can be supplied by Thermo Fisher Scientific if required and at extra cost.